Sunday, January 13, 2008

How Much Money Are You Wasting?

I had a person come in that I hadn’t seen since he moved out of Vancouver a couple of years ago. He looked just the same as I had remembered him - happy, healthy and exuding the glow that someone who loves life does. I told him how great it was to see him and asked what he had been doing to stay so happy and healthy.
He told me he had continued with the healthy lifestyle habits he had started while he was regularly coming to the Studio, including getting checked by his wellness chiropractor each week.
I told him how I admired his discipline and dedication to constantly improving his health. That’s when he said something to me that I will never forget. What he said was, “You know Sukhi, I have often stopped to marvel at how much money people are wasting on health club dues, organic foods, bottled water and everything else they do to be healthy.”
I was a little confused by his statement since I knew both of us did all of these things, so I asked him what he meant. Now he was the one who looked confused. He replied, “I’m talking about people who do all of those things but don’t go to their chiropractor every week - or those who don’t see one at all.”
Now I understood what he meant. He was saying that without a properly functioning nerve system, all the good lifestyle habits were limited in their ability to affect the change people were hoping for. This is absolutely vital to understand. What good is eating impeccably if nerve interference prevents you from digesting, assimilating and eliminating foods properly?
Is it advantageous for a person with interference in the nerves to their heart to undertake a running program that jars their body and furthers the irritation? Does someone who is suffering from exhaustion benefit from extra time trying to sleep if their body is so completely out of balance that deep sleep is not possible?
Many people fail to recognize just how important a properly functioning nerve system is to reaching their health and life goals. It is even impossible to have optimal thought processes in the presence of nerve interference.
I have had people say to me in the past, “You really want me to come in to get checked every week for the rest of my life?” My answer has been, “NO! Only as long as you want to continue to work toward fully expressing your purpose and potential in life.”
Many of these people are just fine with the idea of taking an aspirin or some other medication every day for the rest of their lives. But those things at best only prevent you from getting worse and may do nothing more than cover up symptoms. They can do nothing to actually improve ones long-term health and wellness. I find it interesting that people will invest time and money in trying to “not die,” but they have a very hard time investing in something that will actually help them to live fully.
We in chiropractic see the body as a vehicle. We also believe that we were all put here for a reason. Our bodies are what we have been given through which we can express our true selves and manifest our purpose and potential in life. It is each of our responsibility to keep our bodies as whole and healthy as possible by living a healthy and fully integrated life.
I thank and commend all of you who are committed to this beautiful journey of being fully alive.
To further facilitate this process within you and your friends/family I will be presenting a continuing education wellness seminar series for 2008. The first seminar will be on Wednesday, January 23 on: The Science of Healing and Your Innate Intelligence. Reservations are required as space is limited. All seminars are open to the public. Your friends and family are welcome!

No comments: